For those of you who are reading this who didn't attend our wedding, let me fill you in on a little something. As one of our premarital counseling assignments, Eric and I had to promise each other different things we would do for the rest of our lives . Things such as: don't let a day pass without saying I love you to each other, never go to bed mad, do something fun that is out of the ordinary once a month, and do something for our marriage at least once a year whether it be read a book together or go to a marriage conference. These pacts were then read at our wedding, partially to just let people get to know us better, and partly to make it so people can hold us accountable to these promises we made each other. Well, another one of this pacts that we made was to have tacos every Saturday...pretty much no matter what the situation is. So we do...once a week we eat Eric's favorite meal - tacos :), and every week he gets just as excited about it as the week before. It's almost like Christmas morning comes once a week for him and honestly, it's one of the funniest things ever. So tonight I made tacos, just like every other Saturday, and with out fail he got just as excited once again. I laugh at him for this and sometimes even tease him about it and then we laugh about it together. But this is typical for Eric, the littlest things make him so excited, no matter how minute or insignificant it is...and no matter how much someone makes fun of him for it. He's himself no matter the situation and I love that. I need to learn from him...and there's a lot I can learn from him.
-A
7 years ago

2 comments:
That's sweet! :) I hope he's not sick of tacos in 20 years! We're headed to a marriage conference in October...we'll let you know how it goes to see if we recommend it or not. :) A good book is "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs...check out www.loveandrespect.com if you are interested. The conference we're headed to in Oct. is "The Weekend to Remember" with Dennis Rainey and his wife promoted by Family Life Today. It's fun to see you respond to marriage. :) Love you, Kaylee
I love the blog. Your pics are beautiful and the layout is great.
Dan also gets excited about tacos especially when I make them on Monday when NFL football starts.
See you on Wed.
Candee
Post a Comment