Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Pros and Cons of Camping





Sorry I haven't written for awhile, I will do my best to update you on all the happenings in our lives...

A few weekends ago, Eric and I and our friends, Heather and David Starkey, went camping...here are a few pros and cons that we learned may go along with camping.

Pros:

  • using new camping equipment we got for our wedding
  • fun catching fish with grasshoppers as bait
  • playing games
  • laughing with friends
  • tin-foil dinners


Cons:
  • our friends forgetting their tent
  • breaking my in-laws lantern
  • not having anything but a headlamp to play games by because we broke the lantern
  • propane stove problems...which led to a very burnt breakfast
  • casting 1/2 of the fishing pole into the river (don't worry, we got that back)
  • when getting the fishing pole from the river, losing a shoe
  • dropping a jump drive from my camera into the river
  • getting a $200 fine at 2pm for our fire not being out, when really it was out since 9am
  • a huge storm that lasted 5 hours before we decided we needed to pack up and leave (never again do I need to feel thunder because it is SO close)
  • getting drenched in just 15 minutes of being out in the rain while packing up
what do you think? should we go camping again? I'm sure I forgot a few things, but this the summary of our trip.

0 comments: