Many times since I found out I was pregnant with Emma, I have truly seen God's hand at work in her life, as well as in Eric's and mine. It is amazing to see, not only the miracle any child is, but miracle after miracle happen in a your own child's life. As you all know, hearing impairment runs in our genes and because of our family history, we have more hearing tests for Little Miss, than the average child does. Emma passed the newborn screening with flying colors and we were so excited. Her first full hearing test was at 9 months and she seemed to pass that one pretty much as well...EXCEPT for one test...It was where she would wearing earphones and they would play different tones in her right or her left ear and she was supposed to look in the direction the tone was coming from...if she looked in the right direction, a toy would light up. Well, Miss Emma didn't look either way, didn't register that there even was a tone... The audiologist told me it could be age, it could be partial loss, but they wanted to see her back at a year. Meanwhile, I worked with her, where if there was any noise, we would try to find the direction the noise was coming from...over and over and over and over.
Sooo, about 2 weeks before her next scheduled test, I got a call ID Elks saying they needed to reschedule her test because they were looking at the results from the test before and they wanted 2 audiologists at this test instead of one. I have never felt an urge to pray like I did the minute I got off the phone. And that is what Eric and I did, day in, and day out...It wasn't the fear of her having hearing loss that scared either of us...If you look at Eric, you know that someone who is COMPLETELY deaf can still have a wonderful life and fully function...it was more fear of the unknown. I knew that we had the strength to embrace whatever answer God gave us, I just wanted an answer.
So, I took Emma to her test Thursday morning and she did AMAZING!!! I couldn't believe it. The audiologist showed me her folder and said "I have pamphlets for you in here of inner ear hearing aids we recommend, and why we recommend them; I have financing options for you, because I was SURE after looking at her last test that she was going to need hearing aids of some sort...but she doesn't. I have never seen this before."
All this to say, our God is a great God. I do not want to focus on the negative, or the stress I felt going into that appointment, but I want to focus on how truly AMAZING our God is. I told this whole story so you, too, can witness what God has done in our lives and the life of our little girl. I'm pretty sure that God has amazing plans for Miss Emmaree Ann, and I CANNOT wait to see what they are.
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment