Lately I have been thinking about where I was a year ago and all that Eric and I were going through...I was stuck in the hospital, had been for almost a week already, Eric was student teaching and then coming to the hospital every evening, going home, and doing it all over the next day. At the time it seem as though it would never end. I remember being SO stressed out that something was going to happen to Emma, that she wouldn't be ok...that we would make the wrong decision about how long to wait before inducing....I despised that hospital bed and I was more emotional and emotionally drained than I can ever remember being...I remember feeling too young to be making all these decisions, decisions that involved another little life besides just Eric and mine... Everyday it was a constant challenge to stop worrying, stop stressing, to pray and trust that God would guide us in what we were supposed to do...From the beginning, the time we found out I was pregnant with Emmaree Ann, Eric and I have felt she is a true gift from God...nothing that we were planning on, or prepared for, but something, rather SOMEONE, that God gave us...When i remembered this, I knew that she was going to be ok, that it was all going to work out, and that I just needed to trust in His plan... And when we trusted God, and made the decisions we thought were best for us and our family, Emma was born perfectly healthy...As she was looked over by the NICU (who was asked to be in the delivery room because they were sure that was where she was headed), they informed me that her lungs were only recently developed, they said they had been fully developed for 5 hours max...my doctor also said that had we waited even a few hours longer to induce, we would have had to do a emergency c-section for sure...God guided us and had us make the perfect decision...and we ended up with a little girl that we love more than we ever thought possible...
I am so thankful for the gift we have in Emma...I cannot believe how close she is to being a year old...She is such a joy in our lives and hopefully, for those of you who know her, feel the same way :). We are still learning to trust, and to let go, and to let God take control, I think we will always be working on this...but it is supposed to be a journey, and I can't imagine who I would rather have walking beside me in this journey, than Eric and Emma...Life is good!!
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment