Friday, July 13, 2012

Just life with a 22 month old :)

 Well, Miss Emmaree is 22 months old and I can't believe it!!! I can't believe that soon I'll be planning her 2nd birthday party - it seems like I just got done planning the 1st one. Yesterday I did her hair in a french braid back into one big ponytail and I was really sad when I got done, because she looked SO old - needless to say, I probably won't be doing her hair like that for awhile again. :)



Here are just a few things our 22 month old is doing (I haven't done this for awhile, so I thought today would be the perfect opportunity) :)

  • Is completely potty trained - we have occasional accidents, but they are few and far between
  • Loves puppies and dogs - I occasionally ask her if she ever wants a little brother or sister and her answer each time is "no, a dog please"
  • I've been working with her on saying "yes, please" and "no, thank you", so now she often says "No, please"
  • Loves singing her alphabet song - "Apple, Apple, Ah, Ah, Ah, Baby Baby, Buh, Buh, Buh" etc.
  • When things don't go exactly how she wants them to, her response is often "Noooo Man!!" (I don't know where she learned this, but it is hilarious)
  • Currently her favorite foods are raspberries, any type of fish, and avacados
  • She loves going in the jogging stroller with me on my runs (thanks for letting us borrow that Mel!!!) and will often say "go fast, Mommy, fast!"
  • Never stops talking - if she is awake, she is talking...I love hearing her language develop - recently she stopped talking in 3rd person, and actually refers to herself as me, or I. 
  • Loves playing with her babies, she takes them for walks, feeds them cheerios, rocks them, sings Jesus Loves Me to them...
  • Also, she has mastered the VERY important task of curling her tongue!! :).



2 comments:

Heather & Gabe said...

Wow Lish...that second picture looks a ot like you at her age...minus the eyes of course :).

Love,
Heath

Joy said...

She is such a doll!