Monday, October 13, 2008

trying to trust...

Oopsy Daisy, my flower shop, is not doing the best right now...we currently have more bills laying on the desk than we have money in our account to pay for.

So, today me and my boss were talking and one of the things they're thinking of doing is laying me off, and then just her and her husband working here. This is just one of the options that they have and it by no means is for sure....yet i can't help but let it frighten me, just a little bit. I know that God has a perfect plan and that He can see the whole picture and I can see just part of it...yet, the only part I can see is that I may be losing my job and it's the only income Eric and I live off of. Eric isnt working right now because he's taking 19 credits in school and that takes up a lot of time and he will have to continue to take at least that many credits each year in order to graduate on time..which we both feel is pretty valuable. So please, just pray for us...and for me, to not let my mind get ahead of reality. I know that God has a plan, but I also know that I have the tendency to worry and while I am trying to work on that, I by no means have it perfected yet.

4 comments:

Somewhere in the Middle said...

Keep trusting, Alicia. And know that you are surrounded by people who care and who are praying with you. God not only knows what you need, but also the desires of your heart. Blessings to you and Eric!

Love, Jenny

joy said...

Keep trusting. He's got a plan bigger than we can imagine.
See you Wednesday.

hoganset said...

We are praying for you, Alicia.
It was really good to get to look at your blog for the first time, by the way! Nice job, You Two!!
Korri

Joyful Mama said...

Hello! I absolutely love your wedding pictures!!!! It sounds like you are keeping a postitive attitude in the midst of everything! God is in control and He will provdide for you no matter what! We are definatley praying for both of you.