So I thought I would make a list of things I am most thankful for...it makes me have a better perspective on life, and Thanksgiving is only a week away.
1. my Lord and Saviour
2. my husband - it's my first Thanksgiving with a spouse. I can't wait!
3. my family - all of them...one thing that has changed this year is that I now have the opportunity of being an aunt and I absolutely love it.
4. the family that I gained this year - my in-laws. I feel so lucky to have married into such a great family and I wouldn't change it for anything.
5. friends - recently Eric and I joined a Bible Study and it is so fun to begin forming new friendships with great people. We have so much to learn from the others in our study, and they are just fun people to get to know...we also are blessed with a lot friends from NNU, it has been fun pursuing these friendships and having a place to invite them to. We truly are blessed
6. our apartment - for the first time in our lives, Eric and I have "our own place", it's not our parents, but rather ours. It's the best! Our own little Home Sweet Home.
7. my job - although it is challenging at times, I love the work that I do, and it provides for me and Eric, so I couldn't ask for more.
8. the way that God has provided for us - we have food, an apartment, the necessities of life. Money has a tendency to stress me out, but lately, it hasn't at all. I just know that God is control and He has not let us down.
9. health - the last couple years of high school, I used to pass out at least once a month. We had a ton of tests done at all different kinds of specialists and yet, they gave us no answers. It was really an aggravating time for me. Thankfully though, I have only passed out like 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years. I don't know what happened, or what changed, but something must have. I've been feeling great and I should never take that for granted.
10. Lessons I've learned in the past year - it's been a year of every emotion: we've experienced our wedding, a funeral of someone we loved dearly, ups and downs in my job, the joy of Katelyn Dawn being born, the fun of meeting new people in Bible Study and pursuing friendships with others. I've learned so much and one of my favorite things is that I get to talk to Eric about it all, and we get to learn together.
These are things in my life that I am most thankful for. I should think of these more often. It makes me realize how truly blessed I am.
7 years ago

2 comments:
I"m so thankful that you guys joined us! It's been so fun getting to know you!
Ditto on Joy's comment.
Post a Comment