Apparently nothing is quite like a snickerdoodle...or at least that is the opinion of my dear husband.
Yesterday was his first baseball game of the season. The game didn't go as he had hoped, but he was looking forward to the game today. Unfortunately his team lost the game today also...so, I decided to make him his most favorite cookies (snickerdoodles) in the world as a little pick-me-up. Anyways...it was fun to have a little surprise for him when he got home from the game. He was so excited...almost like a kid at Christmas. I've decided that nothing really speaks to Eric like food does...if he's ever sad, make him some nachos; frustrated? just whip up a batch of cookies; stressed? nothing like some fresh cinnamon rolls. Now, I'm not saying that he eats all the time or too much or anything like that...he just loves food...and I feel pretty lucky, because that means that he is very easy to please. I love to cook and he likes to eat...could it get any better than that?
He has another game on Friday, so that will be fun to watch. I really like watching him coach. I know it's a lot of fun for him. It's a way for him to earn some money doing something that he loves...I couldn't as for anything more. It is fun to see how even when we were uncertain about things, God has provided ways for us to make a little money here and little money there to make ends meet. We are learning to trust Him more and more each day. I was reminded again last night when I heard someone say "He will never let you down, no matter the circumstance." Eric and I still learning this, but it has been proven over and over to us. It's fun to learn together.
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment