Thursday, May 10, 2012

Potty Training

Potty training is in full force at our house... Emmaree has been telling me, for awhile now, when she goes potty in her diaper...I wanted to wait to start potty training though until I wasn't working so much. So, since I'm on "summer break", I thought now would be a great time to start. We started a week ago and she is doing SO good...I am one proud Momma, :). So far today, there have been no accidents at all, even during nap time!!!! I have to remind her to go, and I still get kind of nervous when we go places, but she does great and hasn't had any accidents at any stores or anything. I'm pretty proud of her (in case you can't tell, hehe).

Some of my favorite potty moments:

  • At first I would give Em a book to look at while on the potty, to make it something fun...after she got used to it, I didn't always give her one...One time she sat down on the potty and I didn't have a book right there for her...she looked at me and said "Um, need a book" 
  • The first time she went in the potty, her eyes lit up and her mouth dropped open....she looked absolutely amazed
  • Everytime she goes, she she claps, and gives me a high five, then proceeds to run around the house saying "Can - deeeeee, can - deeeeee" (she gets a piece everytime she goes potty)...

More fun to come!!! :)


0 comments: