Saturday, September 15, 2012

Emma at Age 2

Here is what our little (or maybe I should say big) girl is up to...

  • She is wearing 3T clothes and size 8 shoes...
  • Says sweet prayers - usually for Annie, baby Lukas or her "big sister" Jessie
  • Can count to 13 and loves counting her fingers and toes
  • Loves playing with, dressing, and feeding her baby dolls - one is named Baby, the other one is Zoey :)
  • Puzzles and coloring are 2 of her favorite things
  • When asked what her full name is, she answers with EMMAREE ANN TUART (always misses the S at the beginning) - she says it very adamantly though and it usually followed with...I'M A TUART!
  • She LOVES to tell us stories - whether its what we just did, or from a day or two ago, she repeats it back to us and remembers a lot of details - sometimes I have to think pretty hard to interpret what she is saying, but it is a lot of fun to hear about it from her perspective.
  • Often falls on the floor, runs into walls, or stubs her toes...each time she apologizes to whatever it was that she ran into..."Sorry wall, sorry floor, sorry chair..." :-)
  • Is in the "Why?" stage...I can't even count how many times a day I am asked this question...
  • Elmo and Mickey Mouse are her 2 favorite characters...She watches Elmo at Granmma's house, and Saturday mornings gets to watch Mickey Mouse here.
  • Just got over a terrible Urinary Tract Infection...it was miserable..she had a fever of 105 degrees at one point...blech!!!
  • Still loves to play outside...if ever given the choice, she will ALWAYS choose to go outside. 
  • Is just really goofy....it's hard to describe, but we wouldn't change it for the world!!!
  • Is just growing up to be a complete sweetheart (she has her moments, every child does, don't get me wrong :))...she is in tune with when someone is sad and gives them a hug or sits next to them all on her own...the other day she was taking a nap at Lindsay's house, and she told me she wouldn't cry before she fell asleep because she didn't want to wake up Zoey...her cousin Lukas is in the hospital and she will often remind us to pray for him, or just start saying prayers for him on her own - "Dear Jesus, help Lukas, no be sick, Amen"....Judah lost his candy at work a couple weeks ago - he was devastated, later that same day, on the way to Montana, Emma "called" him from her pretend phone to make sure he was okay and that he got a new piece of candy....It is just a sweet part of her personality that we try to encourage and nurture...just in the past few days, she has almost brought me to tears multiple times, just by saying "I lub you Mommy" right when I need to hear it, or other thoughtful things...It just amazes me sometimes!!!
Well, I officially think I'm done bragging about our daughter :)...Thanks for tuning in!!! :)

0 comments: