Emma has been sleeping in a "big" bed for around 3 months now I think...she just started waking up a lot at night in her crib, so we let her sleep in the guest room to see if that helped and it did, so we moved her over there for awhile while got her bedroom ready for her. So, her Christmas present this year was her new big girl room. I sewed her a quilt, and I got the headboard and footboard from my parents that I used growing up, and repainted that. The bed turned out to be more a project than I expected, so there wasn't any way for us to get it done before we went to Montana for Christmas, so we didn't have her "open" her Christmas present until yesterday. She has literally been shut out of her room for about a month now because we didn't want her to see that we had taken the crib down. Yesterday when Eric told her she could finally go into her room, she was pretty excited...
 |
| Walking into the room for the first time |
 |
| Climbing up onto her bed for the 1st time |
|
|
 |
| "Look Monkey..we got the tree again, we sleep with the tree, Monkey" |
 |
| The quilt - I LOVE LOVE how it turned out. |
 |
| The whole room |
 |
| Getting ready to sleep in it for the first time. |
Even though Emma has been sleeping in a big bed for awhile now, this still kind of got me yesterday. She actually has a big girl room...no more crib, no need for a changing table, no need for wet wipes to be out...it all got put away and stored yesterday...She just really is a big girl. Man, time flies!
0 comments:
Post a Comment