Eric and I were talking a couple of nights ago, and we were just overwhelmed by how abundantly we were blessed in 2012....we never even dared to hope that this is where we would be now...Here are some huge things God has done in our lives this past year:
- Our house - The house we are currently living in was for sale about 2 months before we began our house search. Someone made an offer and the deal was going through, but then the financing fell through and the owner took the house off the market for a little while, she then decided to list it again...that was the day we started looking at houses....we saw it that day and put in an offer the next morning...2 more offers were made later that same day and she took ours. Had the whole thing with the first buyer not have happened, I can almost guarantee that this house would not have been here for us...which leads me to our next big thing...
- Eric's Job - we bought the house before Eric had a teaching job...we tried to get it in a central location so that hopefully it wouldn't be too far from anywhere...but that seemed utterly impossible when he was applying from Mountain Home to Ontario, OR...most likely he was going to have to drive quite a bit, no matter what...Well, the school he is currently teaching at is 3 miles from our house...about 10 minutes away... And if you knew the story of how and when he was hired, it was also very much a God-thing. Also, at Eric's work, the VP directly over him goes to our church. He is a believer that encourages Eric to not only be a good teacher, but a God-fearing teacher, and role model to the kids, and someone that impacts their lives.
- My job - My job kind of changed this year....I wasn't needed for as many hours each week, so I needed something else to supplement....especially since we didn't know until August that Eric had a job. Literally one day after I mentioned this prayer request at Bible Study, I was called by a company that people from our church and our Bible Study work for, and was offered a job to work from home...doing a job that I could do with Emma at home...seriously?? HUGE blessing.

0 comments:
Post a Comment