Thursday, June 19, 2014

Adjusting to a Family of 4

I can hardly believe that Miss Kennedy has only been here with us for just over 4 weeks. She is the perfect addition to our family. Not every moment of every day is easy..its not an effortless transition...but it is the effort and the trials, as well as the joy and great moments that make our family what it is - and I wouldn't change that for the world! (And just for the record, there are WAY more great moments and moments of sheer joy, than there are of anything else!!!) So, here is a look into our life, as we learn how to be a family of 4.
This is a picture shortly after we got home from the hospital...Welcome to your home Kennedy Jane!

This picture perfectly shows the exhaustion that Eric and Emma felt. Eric was super sick when Kennedy was born, and in his 6 days off, he spent a majority of that time resting up to feel well enough to go back to school. Needless to say, we were all bummed that he felt SO crummy, but I'm sure no one was as bummed as he was.

Saturday morning, after Kennedy was born on Wednesday, Eric and I left Kennedy at home with my mom and took Miss Emma Lou on a doughnut date! We at doughnuts, bought her a new game that we have played almost everyday, and went to a couple stores with her. She loved having Mommy and Daddy time.

 From the start, both girls LOVED being outside!! Emma loved playing out there, especially when Mema was here because Mema pushed her WAY longer on the swings and more often than Eric or I. And, it seemed like anytime Kennedy went outside, she just relaxed, instantly and would stay that way.


And, why not start swimming lessons right after having a baby?? The lessons were scheduled to start 4 days after my due date...luckily, Kennedy joined us a couple days early, this way, I had 6 days between when I had Kennedy and Emma's first swimming lesson :). Also luckily, my Mom was here to help get everyone ready and to lessons on time. And really, I am SO glad that we did have lessons that soon after - it was something that was Emma's and her's alone. We went there and focused on her, and I think she really liked it for that reason. Kennedy just slept in her carseat, and Emma go all of Mema's and my attention. 





I don't have very many pictures of Mema while she was here :(. I need to get some off her camera. It was so great to have her here though, not only did she help out with things around the house (which I cannot even say how thankful I am for that), but we got to live life and share our life with her for almost 2 weeks...It made me thankful for that time with her and look forward to when we get to spend time together again.

Just had to include one pic of Kennedy in her mint green skinnies

Ready for our first Sunday back at church.


Emma telling Kennedy princess stories.


Father's Day at church...instead of the kids going to their Sunday School classes, they got to hang out on the lawn with us! It was such a great Sunday morning!!



This is our family, our story...and we couldn't be more thankful!!

0 comments: